Futuristic Fashion Show




I chose to make my "Futuristic Clothing Item" out of plastic bags to show that something as simple as a plastic bag can be turned into something as complex as clothing. We see and use plastic bags all of the time; when we go shopping, for garbage, for food, etc. However, it is always overlooked how these simple items can be so versatile if you just put in the time and effort. 

I started by looking up inspiration for my dress; I knew I wanted to make it out of plastic, but I wasn't exactly sure what kind of pattern I wanted—then I took about 25-35 target plastic bags and cut them into thin strands. Then I knotted all those strands together and cut off the excess to try and make it look as clean as possible. Then I proceeded to weave this into a big rectangular shape and continued with this until it was big enough to be a dress. I left a good amount of excess bag to fit the dress onto myself. Then I cut up a Trader Joe's holiday bag to get the red straps that I used for the dress and then knotted those onto the top.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Death & Robots

Final Project Process